Monday, March 11, 2013

Slow and Steady...

Nothing ever goes as quickly as I'd like. I was really hoping to have the floors done and ready for pictures by today. Alas, it is not to be. Finishing up the flooring in the kitchen took a little longer than expected on Saturday so we didn't get to stain until Sunday. That being said, we did get a first coat of stain on all of the flooring that is done. It's really dark and I love it! The pictures below are before the excess stain is wiped off. I pretty much looks like black paint when you first apply it. I kind of freaked out a little when I first started applying it.

The plan this week is for one of us to work on the house each night. We're going to swap out nights so that we each get a little down time and then hopefully we can apply the sealer this weekend. We have a ton of stuff going on over the weekend, so it would be really good timing if this all works out. After that we'll put up the trim, move the saws and everything into the side of the house and finish up the small amount of flooring that they sit on now. Then we can move! Wow, it's seems so small when I write it down, but I know that's going to take another couple weeks.

Here are just a few pics of the first coat of stain. I think that it's going to look fantastic when it's all done. Second coat will darken it up and even it out and the top coat will even out the sheen.








No comments:

Post a Comment