Thursday, October 4, 2012

Closing. Three Weeks Later.

The closing in itself has been an adventure. We've had four closing dates and 3 date changes. After having the Title company come back to us every week with something new that they needed signed (apparently the Title company was unsure of what they needed to process the title), we finally closed yesterday. Brad went back to work for an hour and I ran around town trying to come some stuff done on the new place.

We have REMC now, which is cool, but I had to go in person to get it switched to our name. After about an hour of running around Brad and I were going to meet at the new place, have a quick drink, then head over to Cam & Misty's to finish canning.

I got to the property before Brad and saw a red truck backed up to my front door. I got out of my truck and politely asked one of the men what they were doing and he informed me they were winterizing the property. My property. My new property that I have to move into in 2 months. Luckily I got there right as they were finishing (read the sarcasm) and asked him (Joe) if he could not winterize the property, which he had just finished winterizing. Sigh. I hate Fannie Mae a little bit. Who orders a winterization (is that even a word?) on a property that is closing? Frustration thy name is Fannie Mae. The workers politely packed up their stuff and shipped out. They were nice and it wasn't their fault. They were just doing their job. Brad finally shows up and I tell him what was going on. As we attempt to flush the pipes we realized that Joe did not in fact turn the water back on like he said. Joy! So, off Brad goes to crawl around under the house to turn the pump on and all the fun that comes along with that. After about 10 minutes he comes back inside, without success, and informs me that some one has stolen our air condenser for the AC. Double Joy!

This is where I proceeded to break down and cry.

Not the most encouraging thing when you have just bought a new property. Sometimes a person just gets a bit overwhelmed with it all. As Brad was in the crawl I was walking through the house tallying up all the things we need to do. There is a lot to do.

I'm off to make my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment