Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Prep work is the Devil!

Who knew cleaning and taping could take so much time! We are trying to get the entire house prepped to be painted so that the painting goes faster, but between taping plastic on the windows and scraping boogers off the walls it's going so slow! (Yes, you read boogers correctly. Children are dirty little creatures.) Not to mention that we are using ammonia to clean which smells like cat pee and makes the whole experience that much more fun.

We have 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and the mud room left. It doesn't sound like much, but a small part of me wants to cry when I look at it. Then I look out the window and our beautiful property and remember why we are doing this.

An another up note, we met our neighbors and they aren't scary at all, which is a big plus! They are actually really nice. Leo apparently gets bored easily and offered to knock down our field and all of the backyard that didn't ever get mowed by Fannie Mae's people. He's also going to chop up the downed tree in the front yard that we haven't gotten to. I'm all for neighbors getting bored and doing manual labor that I don't have to.

And then there's paint colors. For some reason I am having quite a time of picking out colors I like. Not sure what is going on. I'm normally pretty decisive about things like this. It's not that I'm unsure of the shade or something, I have no idea what color I want anywhere except for the main area. Color me frustrated.


No comments:

Post a Comment